Why not re-release an album as a deluxe edition with the bonus disc containing only one new song (most likely an outtake that was rightly shelved a the tine), a cover and four remixes that go nowhere? Apparently nobody had the balls to tell the Parallels that it is a rip-off and a bad career move.
Visionaries is an album that can stand on its own as an update of Eighties synth wave. The Toronto duo have captured the dark party mood of that era, with singer Holly Dodson riding on top of the music, spilling haunting lyrics about night life and death, with Cameron Findlay emulating the hallucinogenic backdrop of old school synthesizers. Plenty of robotic vocals, too. Recommended if you like OMD, Propaganda and Berlin.
Visionaries (Deluxe Edition) is a self-released album. USA only. Buy it from the band's website. Release date: October 25.
- Find The Fire
- Dry Blood
- City of Stars
- Midnight Voices
- Shadow Hearts
- All We'll Ever Know
- Reservoir (Human Life Remix)
- Midnight Voices (TRUST Remix)
- All We'll Ever Know (Gypsy Midnight Remix)
- Ultralight (Dark Esquire Remix)
- Pet Semetary (The Ramones Cover)
- The Raven
MP3: Parallels - Pet Semetary
Video: Parallels - Ultralight
- 10/15 Los Angeles, CA @ Echoplex
- 10/19-23 NYC, NY @ CMJ (venues TBA)
- 10/31 Miami, FL @ The Raleigh
- 12/18 Miami, FL @ Electric Pickle