photo: Zoran Orlic
Welcome To Ashley have tried to cram all of their musical heroes into a four-track EP called Absent Man. This Chicago band has internalized all the major all the cool vintage UK New Wave bands with singer Coley Kennedy channeling the trembling vocalization of Johnny Rotten in his PIL-phase.
With their Nashville roots this band it's no wonder that they get it just right with the backbeat - dry laidback drums courtesy of Sherrlia Bailey and crawling bass by Jeremy Barett. With guitar player Pete Javier waving jangling soundscapes a la Johnny Marr - yes, with quite a lot of treble - Absent Man is a serious contender for the late night programming of alternative radio stations.
Coley Kennedy: vocals
Pete Javier: guitar
Jeremy Barrett: bass
Sherrlia Bailey: drums
Absent Man is a self-released EP. Buy it from the band's website.
- Absent Man
- Trust In Me
- Nothing But Grey Skies Ahead
- Band, You're Dead
MP3: Welcome To Ashley - Bang, You're Dead
- 06/26 Cedars Lounge, Youngstown, OH
- 06/28 Arlenes Grocery, New York, NY
- 06/29 Goodbye Blue Monday, Brooklyn, NY
- 06/30 Lit Lounge, New York, NY
- 07/01 The Khyber, Philadelphia, PA
- 07/08 Double Door (free show), Chicago, Illinois
- 08/12 Schuba’s (JMA Showcase), Chicago, Illinois