Andrew English is a singer-songwriter based in from Lexington, KT, who picked Englishman as his nom de plume for his recordings. Taxidermy, a leftfield lo-fi folk EP is his first foray and it's a quiet affair that pulls the listener in. His lyrics are about growing up ("It's time to sell your He-Man Dolls/and paint over your rock 'n' roll walls") and the trouble of finding a nice person to play Horseshoes with. Hints of Richard Thompson and Bonnie "Prince" Billy are plentiful.
Taxidermy is a delicate young boys album written by a man who refuses to become a sensible adult. Andrew English has a busy tour schedule (with Justin Craig and Matthew Duncan joining him on stage). Let's hope he finds an appreciative audience who will refrain from inane banter when he plays his songs.
Taxidermy is a self-released album. Buy it his website.
- Double Torch
- Ugly Rainbow
- Boy T.Rex
- He-Man Dolls
- 06/17 Pete’s Candy Store, Brooklyn, New York
- 06/18 Parkside Lounge, New York, New York
- 06/22 Cabin In The Woods, Upstate, NY
- 06/23 The Treehouse (w/ Couch Forts / Matt Monta), Columbus, OH
- 06/24 Daytrotter Session!, Rock Island, IL
- 06/25 Southgate House Parlour (w/ Cari Clara / Matthew Shelton), Newport, KY
- 06/26 Al’s Bar (w/ Killer Meteor / Bro. Stephen), Lexington, KY
- 07/13 Al’s Bar (w/ Deer Tick / Dawes), Lexington, KY
- 07/18 The Morris Book Shop 1st Anniversary!, Lexington, KY
- 07/30 The Green Lantern (w/ The Great White Jenkins), Lexington, KY
MP3: Englishman - Horseshoes