Thomas Kozumplik and Lorne Watson are Loop 2.4.3, a percussion duo from Brooklyn. Their album Zodiac Dust is filled with a chill-out collection of meandering songs, the kind of music you want to hear just before sunrise after a night on the town. With marimba, steel drum, piano, violin and lesser known instruments such as the darbouka they mix rhythms with modern day electronics.
Zodiac Dust sounds fresh and loose, like the music was created up on the spot. Both players are well-versed in improvisation, but thankfully avoided the pittfalls of endless noodling. Recommended for stressed investments bankers to calm down after facing the horrors of the haute finance.
Zodiac Dust is released on music starts from silence. Release date: June 16th.
- Prologue (Rebirth)
- Dark Matter
- The Existentialist
- Zodiac Dust
- I Remember
- The Return of Chickchi
- Epilogue (Ashes to Ashes)
- 06/16 Alma College, Alma, Michigan
- 06/18 Brown Rice, Chicago, Illinois
- 06/21 Straus Park, New York, New York
- 06/25 langdon Street Cafe, Montpelier, Vermont
- 06/26 Hog Farm Studios - Annex, Biddeford, Maine
- 06/27 Gulu-Gulu Cafe, Salem, Massachusetts
- 07/10 Neighborhood Music School - Recital Hall, New Haven, Connecticut
- 07/11 119 Gallery, Lowell, Massachusetts
MP3: Loop 2.4.3. - Zodiac Dust