Boblight is a collection of tools to control rgb lights hooked up to a computer, its primary goal is to create an ambilight
Boblight consists of 5 programs:
- Boblightd is a daemon that controls lights bases on input from clients over udp, it supports two rs232 based protocols, it can output a pwm signal with a soundcard (using alsa) and it can open a program with popen() for easy implementation of custom protocols.
- Boblight-X11 grabs pixels from an X11 screen and sends the average color to boblightd.
- Boblight-constant sends a single color to boblightd.
- Boblight-jack creates colors based on audio from jack, it's basically a light organ, the red color reacts to the lows, the green color reacts to the mids and the blue color reacts to the highs.
- Boblight-v4l captures video from a video4linux device, you can connect the composite output from a tv to a tv card and make an ambilight system.
- libasound (optional since boblight 1.2)
- libjack (optional since boblight 1.2)
- libx11 (optional since boblight 1.2)
- Some other pages:
- Downloads section
- Pictures and videos section
- PWM drive led strips with a soundcard
- HOWTO: Add ambilight to your tv
It's impossible for me to test every single configuration or to get every bug out, writing documentation is also a lot of work. I am willing to help you set things up, use the contact link on the left.
posted on Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:03 PM